Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Christmas Hoppers in IPC and The Curve

As you may have already noticed, half of my weekends are spent hanging out and running errands in a particular haunt or on those rare occasions, the neighboring buildings. Since it was considered a holiday in the valley-sized state, we loitered at the area even longer, gasping in display of Christmas ornaments at the concourse.

IPC chose to incorporate the Swede Christmas Tales, magically breathing life to the story characters and taking a tangent this year.


A showcase of Taiwanese-made wooden musical box by Living Cabin.


Wolf


Tomte with Hedgehod


Lynx


Red Squirrel


Yule Goat


Owl




Fox

The moment when I saw these, I remembered a particular scene from Dora the Explorer when a sneaky, orange-furred fox (christened as Swiper the Fox) would appear from behind and attempt to steal things from her. She'd have to repeat "Swiper, no swiping" thrice before he made his move to successfully shoo him off.






Wolf and Fox


"Hope you had fun touring our area and listen to our individual stories," says the animals in unison.

As if there wasn't enough Christmas air in IPC, we hovered over to The Curve, confidently knowing that the mall's decoration will never fail to disappoint the shoppers. A sense of exhilaration and suspense filled the cells when I entered the building from the 1st floor retail lots and so was Mama Carrie; we whipped out our cell phones and while she focused on the screen, I randomly captured the photographs.

It was Santa's private residence being opened for public viewing. The management has definitely succeeded in emulating his fictional dwelling. Although his loyal servants and trustworthy snowman were within sight from eye-level, Santa himself was sitting on the roof, basking in the comfort. The picture that I took of him on the cell phone was blurry and later deemed unsuitable.

Some of the items, such as the snowflakes floating from the dome of the shopping mall and the hanging Christmas lights, are recurrent; it was first used some years ago but in a different style.


Welcome to Santa Claus's house


Santa's trusty snowman


Santa's living hall, where he reads all the letters from hopeful children and sometimes adults worldwide


Santa's faithful reindeers waiting to embark on the exhilarating journey of giving


"Oh, hello," says the reindeer. "Didn't see you coming there."


The overall aura of Santa's house

More pictures of IPC and the Curve's adornments can be found here - on The Tempremental's Facebook page.

16 comments:

  1. wah, a lot of effort went into creating this christmas wonderland of friendly animals. i must admit, i was at mid valley this week and i failed to even observe the christmas deco :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you, Sean. I'd have not admired IPC's decorations if it weren't for the rotating wooden music boxes in the middle of the concourse, lol. Doesn't Mid Valley have, like, the most grandeur ornaments after Pavilion and KLCC? =)

      Delete
  2. Too cute! Thanks for sharing these awesome shots! Happy holidays, sweetie! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shirley, and you're most welcome. =)

      Will definitely try to enjoy the holidays. ^^

      Delete
  3. Brings to mind the song - What does the fox say? LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no, no, no, suituapui, I still remember that song. =P

      I'd always run out of the room whenever my friend attempted to play this song for me to hear on purpose; I was so worried that I'll be hooked on the melody at that time, lol.

      Delete
  4. Oh yes..I went to IPC last weekend too. Spotted the large wooden musical ferry wheel ( I m not sure if you call it that) or just a wooden musical toy.ahhah. It was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really, Yee Ling? I guess our paths didn't cross at all because I was there last Saturday morning. =OI didn't ask the Living Cabin employee what it was called; just used the pamphlet that she handed me as a rough guide. And it attracts the surrounding shoppers too. =P

      Delete
  5. These actually look nice! At least they are not just trying to one up other malls with the tallest Christmas tree or something..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And pretty unique too, CL. =D Tallest Christmas tree? I think that'd be between Pavilion or KLCC because they are two of the tallest shopping malls I'm aware of.

      Delete
  6. Those musical boxes are very interesting - music boxes have always held a certain charm for me - not sure why - perhaps influenced by childhood movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do agree, Yum List. =) The continuous music that one of the music boxes played really left me uncomfortable not because it was screechy but because it was used as a farewell song at my college graduation. But yeah, could it be because of the sweet harmonious music? =)

      Delete
  7. Very nice photos! :)

    I've been to the Curve too and seen Santa's private abode but never been to the IPC one (even though it's just adjoining). It seems like IPC has a lot of nice decorations too.

    Haha! I never did watch Dora the Explorer but that "Swiper, no swiping" quote just cracked me up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you, Huai Bin! =)

      I still prefer the ornaments that IPC had last year, though... but yeah, especially the stories that each animal relates as you walk around the concourse. Well, regarding Dora the Explorer, it was immensely popular during my childhood, especially Swiper and Dora herself. Oh, not forgetting Boots as well, lol. ^^

      Delete
    2. I didn't go to IPC last year too. Haha! It seems like the forgotten mall next to Curve.

      Ah, I think I was too late for Dora, that explains it then...

      Merry Christmas to you and yours!

      Delete
    3. I do admit that Curve has larger floor space when compared to IPC, but it's just that our favorite shops are all in IPC, lol. Whoa, it sounds like you already know my age. *gasps* but yeah, I reckon so too...

      Thanks for the wishes, HB. Merry Xmas to you, Ling and the kids! =D

      Delete

Please refrain from using foul languages - or I'll not hesitate to delete the comment. If you don't see your comments, please inform me about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...